Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Gardener's Market

On Saturday my sister and I ventured to the Cache Valley Gardener's Market to try selling my frames and cards and her headbands, baby girl bows, and the cutest baby girl skirts.  Even after having a baby it's hard to believe they wear clothes so small!  I don't have any pictures of them unfortunately, because they're seriously so cute.

It was a little chilly, but a good day!  We sold things and got to do a lot of people watching (my fav).  A girl in our ward was across the aisle from us selling some really cute baby things too.  At one point I walked around a little to see what else people were selling.  At this time of year, produce is still pretty limited, but I saw a lot of flowers for Mother's Day, lettuce and herbs.  There was other food like bread, and stuff from Winder Dairy.  And there were tons of crafty things!  Jewelry, tons of crocheted stuff, pictures, lotion and soap made from goat's milk (courtesy of the Mennonites), etc.

I had never even been to the market before and I think it's a great place to go on Saturdays.  It's at the Merlin Olsen Park on the island, about 100 S 200 E in Logan and it's open from 9-1 every Saturday through sometime in October.  There was live music from a group called Hot Flashes (I think), and it was just a fun time.  Hopefully when it gets a little warmer more people will come.


At one point a lady stopped by and asked if I wanted to sell some things in her consignment store.  I said I had never thought about it before, but might be interested.  She gave me her info and I called her on Monday and said I would like to bring some things in.  So yesterday I took in some frames and set them up near the door.  The store (it's actually more like a coffee shop with various items from locals set up around the shop) is called Citrus & Sage and it's really cute.  If I were a coffee drinker I'd probably be there often.  I did notice they have strawberry lemonades too.  If anybody would like to check it out, the address is 130 N 100 E in Logan.  I'm really hoping some of my stuff sells!


My sister and I will be there again on the Saturday of Memorial Day weekend, and the second and fourth Saturdays in June.  Stop by, we'd love to see you!

No comments: